Posts tagged seo
Search Engine Optimization(SEO) Tricks and Tips
- First and Foremost Content. “Content is King”. Make sure your text is written well, properly formatted, and contains keywords for people to find your site. Make sure all of your images are named, “alt” tag named, and have descriptions.
- Meta data is your sites meta title (page heading at the top of your browser), your sites description (what will show up when you find your site on Google), and your meta keywords (the words and phrases that you want people to find you on a browser). To get the best optimized results, make sure you enter unique meta data on every page.
- Your Sites meta title should be no longer than 60 characters and inserted into the <head> of your web pages, before the <body> tag. Good Example:
<title>Chattanooga's Best Graphic Design - Design IT Services</title>
- Meta page descriptions should be no longer that 250 characters long and contain as many keywords as possible without just listing them out. Your Keywords should be around 20 words or 20 phrases(2 and 3 word), and seperated by commas. Below is an example how the meta data should be formatted in between the <head> and </head> tags of your web pages:
<head> <title>Chattanooga's Best Graphic Design - Design IT Services</title> <meta name="description" content="Design IT Services - The Best Design and IT services in Chattanooga TN. Services include: Graphic Design, Web Design, Logo and Print Design, IT Services, IT Staffing and more." /> <meta name="keywords" content="Graphic Design,Web Design,Logo,Print Design, IT Services, IT Staffing,Chattanooga,TN,information technology,services,solutions,design,website design,logo design,designers,design company,IT company" /> </head>
- Backlinks are outgoing links from and back to your site from other sites on the web. The more stellar SEO backlinks you have and the more similar content these backlinks contain to your information, the better. A good way to get more backlinks is social networking. Create a facebook page, a twitter account, and other social network account for your company to link from your site and then back to your site to create a backlink.
- Create a sitemap for your website. A site map is a simple listing of all of the pages indexed in your site. There are many free tools like Google Sitemap creator that will create a sitemap for you.
- Site Submission. Submit your site to different browsers like Google,Bing,Yahoo, and others. Once you have a sitemap for your site setup you can submit it to these browsers as well. This will ensure that all of your pages are being searched for content. Search for Google Sitemap Submission to learn more.
- Adding content. The more you update your site with new content, the better. Browsers will pick up that your site has recently been updated and it will help with your optimization.
- Links on your site. Don’t forget that you can enter a title, alt tag, and description for the links on your pages to other sites. In order to have a validated web site you must enter all of your alt tags on links and images.